Vision and Learning
- All About Vision and Learning
Browse through this large collection of articles by the PTA, School Nurse News, Web MD, professors, eye doctors, and more...
- About Success in School with Vision Therapy
Read stories written by students, parents and teachers about improved grades, reading, spelling, math, handwriting, and more.
- All About Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD or AD/HD), Vision and Eyesight
Is it really ADD/ADHD? Or is it an undetected vision problem?
- Convergence Insufficiency and Reading Problems
This article by an eye doctor explains how and why convergence insufficiency causes problems with reading and learning. See the illustrations!
- Dyslexia and Vision
The American Academy of Optometrists and the American Optometric Organization discuss vision, learning-related vision problems, and dyslexia.
- Tracking Problems and Reading Difficulties
Article by an eye doctor explains how and why tracking problems interfere with reading skills. See the illustrations!
- Vision Therapy and LDs
As part of an interview, an eye doctor discusses whether Vision Therapy helps learning disabilities or learning-related vision problems.
Binocular Vision Impairments
- All About Strabismus, Lazy Eye, Crossed-Eyes, Double Vision, etc.
Most comprehensive patient education web site on Strabismus on the internet - includes an article by an expert eye doctor covering the most frequently asked questions about crossed eyes, eye turns, etc.
- What is Lazy Eye or Amblyopia?
Lazy eye is not the same as strabismus (a crossed eye or an eye turn). Read this very easy-to-understand explanation.
- Children's Vision, Eyesight, Eye Exams and Visual Health
A large web site with many pages of easy-to-understand information on lazy eye, crossed-eyes, strabismus, developmental delays, eye muscle surgery, dyslexia, binocular vision impairments, and much more.
- Eye Muscle Surgery for Lazy Eye and Strabismus
Answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding eye muscle surgery as a treatment for lazy eye, crossed eyes, etc. This type of surgery is frequently done, but often does not give satisfactory results.
3D Stereo Vision
- COVD -- The College of Optometrists in Vision Development
An international professional optometric organization which grants board certification in Vision Therapy to optometrists (FCOVD)
- AOA -- The American Optometric Association
The American Optometric Association represents approximately 36,000 doctors of optometry, optometry students and paraoptometric assistants and technicians. Doctors of optometry provide two-thirds of all primary eye care in the United States.
- OEPF -- Optometric Extension Program Foundation
Serving the educational needs of optometrists.
- NORA -- Neuro Optometric Rehabilitation Association International, Inc.
An organization which provides direction for the visual rehabilitation of the neurologically and cognitively injured and disabled survivor population, including people who have physical disabilities and traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
- Optometrists Network
An international network of optometrists, primarily in the United States